28 April 2020 - 8:11pm
Thanks to the Met for providing this list of helpline numbers for those suffering from domestic abuse. Please share these widely:
- The 24/7 National Domestic Abuse helpline, which offers support to victims and people affected by domestic abuse, is free to call on 0808 2000 247.
- The Respect Phoneline provides confidential advice and support to help perpetrators stop being violent and abusive, and is free to call on 0808 8024040.
- Men’s Advice Line (0808 801 0327): a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic violence and those supporting them - www.mensadviceline.org.uk.
- Karma Nirvana (0800 5999 247 Mon to Fri 9am–5pm): supporting victims of honour based abuse and forced marriage - www.karmanirvana.org.uk.
- Hourglass: 0808 808 8141 challenging the abuse of older people in all its forms - www.wearehourglass.org.
- Galop LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline (0800 999 5428) - www.galop.org.uk.
- Childline (0800 1111): If you’re a child or young person and domestic abuse is happening in your home or relationship.
- For more information about support services that are available, go to the Met Police domestic abuse advice and information page.
- For government guidance aimed at people in danger of domestic abuse during coronavirus, go to the Government's coronavirus and domestic abuse information page.