Monday's announcement has made clear that we must all stay at home except for essential purposes. The message is once again: Stay Home – Protect the NHS – Save Lives.
More information on what the rules are and the reasons you are able to leave home are at gov.uk.
This will be a difficult time for many, and please do remember there are lots of people who can help if you are struggling with mental ill-health:
- Samaritans - 116 123
- CALM - 0800 58 58 58
- No Panic - 0844 967 4848
- SANE - 0300 304 7000
If experiencing domestic abuse, you CAN still leave home to escape and ask for help. If in immediate danger you should call 999, or if you can't talk then dial 55 and an operator will respond. There are also organisations that can help:
- Refuge - 0808 2000 247
- National DV Helpline - 0808 2000 247
- Gallop LGBT+ DV - 0800 999 5428
- Respect: Men’s Advice - +44 808 801 0327
- Women's Aid - email@example.com
- Solace (for women in London) - 0808 802 5565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- and Respect, for those worried about their own behaviour if they are displaying violent or abusive tendencies towards loved ones - 0808 8024040